100% pure beeswax taper candles! These handmade tapers are approximately 7/8" wide at the base and 8.5" tall. They are of the "dipped" style and will last about 10 hours each, 120 hours total burn time for a dozen candles (IF all the burn instructions seen below are followed!).
A few great things about BeeTheLight's tapers:
- Beeswax is the most natural, unprocessed, and longest-lasting of all the candle waxes
- While burning other types of candles pollute the air, beeswax taper candles actually PURIFY the air as they burn, and are a great option for folks with allergies
- BeeTheLight exists to support a wholesome life together and a number of humanitarian projects (check out our "Get to Know Us!" page)
a few more awesome things about these candles.. :
- 100% pure USA beeswax
- Fits most holders
- 100% cotton wick (lead-free and non-toxic)
- Unscented (contains an all-natural light honey scent)
- Handmade sustainably in Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Earth-friendly and hypoallergenic
- Naturally purifies the air with negative ions as it burns
- Approximately 10 hours of smokeless and dripless burn each IF ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS OUTLINED BELOW ARE FOLLOWED
Get the most out of your candle!
These 100% pure beeswax taper candles will last around 10 hours each and burn virtually smokeless and dripless if you follow the following: Trim the wick to about ¼ inch. Burn away from drafts and keep the wick trimmed throughout the entire burn. Use a match to heat and soften the bottom of your taper, then secure it into nearly any size taper holder - the heated bottom will cool and harden, "cementing" your candle in place. Always burn in a holder, on fireproof surfaces and away from children, and anything flammable. NEVER leave candles unattended
Ethically sourced, crafted with a purpose.
We use 100% pure USA beeswax and pour our candles by hand. Our vision is a social enterprise that nourishes people, planet and soul, while starving hatred, greed, and the Evil Empire.
A bit about wax: the mass amount of candles out there burn paraffin wax. Unlike the stuff of the bees, paraffin is petroleum-based and highly toxic when burned, releasing at least two known carcinogens into the air (benzene and toluene). Beeswax, on the other hand, is not only a sustainable source of illumination, it is also a purifying one. Burning beeswax taper candles releases negative ions that cleanse the air. The light they emit is also an essential ingredient to effective late-night conspiring. Plus, they smell like honey. Which is awesome.
Come stop by our Harrisonburg, VA location at the BeeTheLight Beeswax Candles and Castile Soap Shop, on 1017 College Ave!